Friday, August 27, 2010

Don't listen to your mother.

I spoke to my mom and dad last night:

Mom: oh Che! I love your blog! It's so funny! (Dad in background: yes! i keep it open on my computer all day!) but i really like your cartoons. actually i only like those ones. When i see those other random pictures i think.. urrgghh.... skip... some people may like that but i don't -you should only do cartoons - it's just like so your style!

Me: yes i know - they are the most viewed posts, but mom, they actually take me quite a long time to do - i need to put other stuff in so that i can update my blog with something new every day.

Mom: ...but then just don't draw so many pictures for each cartoon! Just draw like one picture.

Me: um... well it's really tough to get comic timing in a non-verbal way... sometimes you need to have a few pictures to give people time to absorb it....  comic timing on the internet is actually really difficult!

Mom: yes but just draw one picture for each. then you can have time to make more cartoons!! More people like the cartoons....they are funny.

Me: ok mom.. i don't think you get it.

Mom: no! i do!  just try! just try draw one picture!

Me: Ok. Fine.

Now you see. That wasn't funny at all.

I thought so.

11 comments :

grant said...

I literally laughed out loud at that one, people at work must think I'm crazy.

Che said...

no it's not funny. don't listen to your mother's artistic direction. it is bad advice.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Grant- laughed out loud! (maybe because I heard your voice in my head saying "Now you see- that was not funny at all!"-- Mike B

Unknown said...

Not only could I hear you at the end, I could completely imagine me & my mom in this role... I don't draw, just write & take pictures, but still. Your mom reminds me of mine. Keep doing what you do. It's great!:]

Anonymous said...

First time reader....but I'll be back. You're cute beyond words...Nice job !!!

KDC Events said...

Being a new reader, I LOVE the cartoons =) they made me smile!

Che said...

thank you all! :) don't worry my mom is really quite lovely :)

Cloe Bowie said...

Aww, I like the picture, haha; it's cute. :)

Dee said...

Che, you're right, that wasn't very funny at all! Love Mom. XXX

Unknown said...

Che K I was looking through all your cartoons again to see if I had missed any of them and I came across this one and literally burst out laughing at the end because I can totally imagine how you would say this. So hilarious you creative genius you! :)

Che said...

haha :) i'm glad it gave you a chuckle ;)