Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bunting DIY

The mom's birthday was held in a barn and I got the "prettify-the-barn" job. I wanted to make some fabric bunting, with a personalised twist so I designed some triangles to be printed out, alternating with the fabric bunting.

Fabric Bunting DIY, Let's Begin:


Photobucket
To make this (ghetto) version of bunting, you will need:
  • Pair of Scissors
  • Long fabric triangles
  • String
  • Stapler (For the non-ghetto version, you can use a sewing machine)
  • Big mug of tea (optional/recommended)
The first step is to cut your fabric into long triangles roughly the same size and shape. 

Photobucket
I wanted to make the bunting a bit more personalised so I created some triangles with cartoon images and  birthday messages which I printed out- the same size as the fabric triangles.
Photobucket
Once you have a pile of different coloured fabric triangles -you can attach them to the string by folding the bottom flat edge of the triangle over the piece of string and stapling it. Alternate the colours of fabric and the paper triangles if you have any.
Photobucket
Finally, hang up the bunting and voila everything is pretty.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will be posting soon about DIY Fabric Roses that I made for the party too - 

No comments :